X-Treme™ 3600 Series 13' Control Cable (CCX63013) by SeaStar Solutions®. OEM direct-replacement type cables are designed to fit Mercury, Mariner, OMC OEM engine control heads which use a proprietary control cable connection. Cable has a 10-32 threaded terminal at control end and Mercury type engine end. The splined, coated core minimizes lost motion and offers maximum smoothness for complex and/or long runs.
|Minimum bend radius:4"
- Drop-in replacement cables are engineered as replacements for original equipment cables
- Cables use the existing connection components
- Stainless steel and brass fittings
- Premium cables have a heavy jacket and the splined, coated core element for maximum smoothness with minimal lost motion (4" min. bend radius.)
- Super tough HDPE jacket for ultimate protection against the elements
- Oil tempered lay wires for superior strength and performance
- Unique splined core minimal contact point
- Ultra-smooth and lubed for life liner
With its unique splined core X-Treme™ delivers unparalleled smoothness and efficiency – with hardly any lost motion – even in the longest and most complex cable routings. This gives superior feel at the control, performance that until now was considered ‘impossible'.
Traditional cables vary by the stiffness of the core wire and how tightly it fits in the casing. Thus, the classic trade-offs that have existed in control cable design: Stiffer core/tighter fit offers less lost motion, but is harder to move. With longer and more complex runs, cable movement becomes progressively more difficult.
More flexible core/looser fit has an easier feel but allows more lost motion. This approach leads to an overall sloppy feel, RPM loss or difficult gear engagement. These trade-offs aren't an issue for cables with X-Treme™ technology because they are different — really different!
SeaStar Solutions' unique X-Treme™ technology incorporates a patented splined core. Ridges on the core allow a close fit with the cable's inner liner, but with minimum contact, so the core glides back and forth smoothly like a skater on ice. RESULT: a control cable with easy movement AND minimum lost motion.
For almost 60 years, SeaStar Solutions® has put boaters in command and control of their vessels. From throttle and shift control cables to your boats steering to instrumentation and repair parts for your engine and drive, SeaStar Solutions has continually led the recreational marine industry with innovation, quality and a commitment to supplying boat builders, dealers and boaters with the parts they need, when they need them.