X-Treme™ 600A Premium Series 20' Control Cable (CCX17920) by SeaStar Solutions®. X-Treme™ steering cable offers lower backlash and is more efficient than a standard steering cable. It provides the lowest ease of effort, a close "fit" of the core to liner for lowest lost motion. The concept provides the "tight" fit of core to liner yet allows area for lubrication. There is a quick connect feature on both the steering cable and spent travel tube for easy, quick installation.
- Drop-in replacement cables are engineered as replacements for original equipment cables
- Cables use the existing connection components
- Stainless steel and brass fittings
- Premium cables have a heavy jacket and the splined, coated core element for maximum smoothness with minimal lost motion (4" min. bend radius.)
- Super tough HDPE jacket for ultimate protection against the elements
- Oil tempered lay wires for superior strength and performance
- Unique splined core minimal contact point
- Ultra smooth and lubed for life liner
With it's unique splined core XTreme™ delivers unparalleled smoothness and efficiency – with hardly any lost motion – even in the longest and most complex cable routings. This gives superior feel at the control, performance that until now was considered ‘impossible'.
Traditional cables vary by the stiffness of the core wire and how tightly it fits in the casing. Thus the classic trade-offs that have existed in control cable design: Stiffer core/tighter fit offers less lost motion, but is harder to move. With longer and more complex runs, cable movement becomes progressively more difficult.
More flexible core/looser fit has an easier feel, but allows more lost motion. This approach leads to an overall sloppy feel, RPM loss or difficult gear engagement. These trade-offs aren't an issue for cables with X-Treme™ technology because they are different — really different!
SeaStar Solutions' unique X-Treme™ technology incorporates a patented splined core. Ridges on the core allow a close fit with the cable's inner liner, but with minimum contact, so the core glides back and forth smoothly like a skater on ice. RESULT: a control cable with easy movement AND minimum lost motion.
For almost 60 years, SeaStar Solutions® has put boaters in command and control of their vessels. From throttle and shift control cables to your boats steering to instrumentation and repair parts for your engine and drive, SeaStar Solutions has continually led the recreational marine industry with innovation, quality and a commitment to supplying boat builders, dealers and boaters with the parts they need, when they need them.